samedi 27 juin 2015

22hp Tecumseh issues

Hi, this is a 22hp vtwin tecumseh on a White rider. I don't think this engine even has 100hrs on it but I parked it out of frustration a couple years ago because I had another mower--which I just redid and still use. I have some xtra time on my hands i'd like to get the White going for a backup, if not a main mower it has a bigger deck than my JD.

At any rate, engine ran like a top. All of the sudden when i'd go to start it, it will start, then run a few seconds and die. It has nothing to do with how i'm operating the throttle/choke---I am sure of that. So, I did the first easiest thing I could think of and changed the fuel filter. Same thing.

Ideas? I do have the mechanical ability to take apart what I have to but I want to discuss ideas first. Taking it apart is one thing, my knowledge on fixing it isn't nearly as good esp. when it comes to carbs.

Also, I can't get the transaxle to disengage even with pin pulled out. It looks as if the parking break switch was in, I pulled it out same thing. Any ideas if your familiar with the mower? I had to load it on the back of my tractor and haul it to the shop because I can't get the rear tires free.

I hate to see this mower go to waste, it's around 10 years old but barely used. It seems, for a lower end mower, to be built better than the JD, has cruise control, etc.

One last thing, I have some steep ditches and I don't thing the engine liked them as ever since I did them the engine will smoke at start up. It then stops though. The briggs on the JD has never given me this issue from doing the ditches. I realize the plugs might be fouled but as well as the Tecumseh runs for the short period on start up I doubt it has anything to do with the problem. To me it sounds like a gas flow issue but i'm not the expert.

Thank you!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire