mardi 30 juin 2015

Decision to buy and first impressions, Cheetah 61" with 31HP Kawi

Thanks again to everyone that chimed-in on my thread comparing Ferris and Scag. All of the different opinions have been very useful. I am hoping a good review will provide a little payback for the help!

I spent a bunch of time looking, reading, testing probably more than my other posts would suggest. I looked at 4 brands including Scag, Bobcat, Gravely, and Ferris. To me this is a HUGE amount of $$ and I didn稚 want to make a mistake. I liked some features on all of them, short summary:

Gravely Seemed to be very well built, good value and high HP for $$. Downside for me was handling, obviously just opinion/personal preference. Felt touchy and hard to keep straight lines, maybe just setup. Also wanted more than just suspension seat.

Bobcat very good build like Gravely but better control IMO, no real downside other than very limited on dealers in my area and wanted more than suspension seat.

Ferris I was blown away by the ride! Compared build side by side to Scag Cheetah and just looked like the Ferris wasn稚 quite as HD for farm use. Again, just my opionion. Lots of extra moving parts, thin handles. While shopping, I found factory installed bolts that were loose or missing nuts at 2 different dealers?ome-on Ferris, this is a lot of $$$. That said, if I had a serious back problem I would have gone with the 3200, no question. Prices were very good as well. I did have 2 dealers i trust push me toward Scag, made an impact on me. Very close call for me.

Scag - went with the Cheetah 61 with big block Kawi. Good dealer was big part of this. Had a 61 Tiger Cub previously with zero repairs in 9 years. As one dealer told me, once you own a Scag it is tough to change. I am not brand loyal for equipment but the Cheetah test sold me. Promo unit with 61?27hp Kawi was $1k less, so perhaps I overspent but I didn稚 want to take a chance.

So?ow about the Cheetah with 31HP Kawi. I have put maybe 2 hours on it so I will update this later, first impressions:

Overall quality I am a really picky guy, went through the entire machine at dealer. I love Scagç—´ attention to detail like perfect welds, flawless paint, etc. Time will tell but so far, so good. If there is anything wrong, I will find it and post it.

Cut Very nice upgrade for me. I used a gator style blade on my old advantage deck. V+ deck is very nice, cuts great wet or dry but I am not 100% sold on standard blades. Going to try a set of the Scag gator blades, guessing I will give up some lift for smaller clippings.

Ride I would put the Cheetah suspension a ï½¾ of way between a good suspension seat like that on Gravely and the Ferris independent susp, if that makes sense. You still bounce around a bit after a series of big bumps in a row but the small stuff is gone. The seat is amazing, nicer than my recliner. Still playing around with susp. setting but I could mow all day without the bumps and bruises. Perfect set-up for what I need.

Engine Tried to take all of the opinions on Kawi BB vs Briggs BB into account. Ended-up with a gut decision? had great luck with my last Kawi and dealer thought most of the BB issues were resolved. Several people told me that I didn稚 need the BB, probably true but I hope this is my last mower and I don稚 want to slow down for anything. Mission accomplished, engine is still breaking-in and the power is amazing. Perfect for farm use, can mow at 2/3 throttle and kick it up for field edges, hills, tall weeds, etc. Still figuring out tanks so I can稚 give you exact GPH but doesn稚 seem out of hand.


Thanks again for the help, post any questions and I will do my best to respond.

Guzzler
Attached Images


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire