mardi 30 juin 2015

Staggerd deck 10547 dura-force vs square 10590 M-Series

I had both mowers and decided to do a little side by side comparison. Well my plan kind of got shot down by a issue with the M-series. When I removed the carb I noticed that the gasket on the intake on engine was missing. I had another from a walbro carb set up. The 10590 has an oval shape to it but uses the same bolt pattern, I figured that using gasket should not be an issue and will be better than no gasket. Wrong caused a lean condition where motor was popping and would backfire occasionally. I decided to stop mowing with it until I fix with the proper gasket. I have mowed my lawn once (with out a gasket) so I do have some run time with the M.

The M attachment arms are pretty high tech compared to anything else on a push/self propel mower. Very positive feel and easy to adjust the height with the large adjustment nobs. I also like that all the cables are ran in the arms so cables are all hidden. Operating the self propel takes some seat time. To operate the self propel I am used to letting go of the lever completely, with the M you just need to release 4 inches or so while keeping fingers on the top of handle basically not letting lever out of you hand. The self propel does not hit or start as hard as the 10547, maybe that could be an issue with transmission but seems to wait a few counts before it gets to full speed. I believe I read somewhere that the transmission is different than what Lawn-Boy has on the dura-force mowers. The weight is probably the biggest difference and most of that is from the size of the deck made out of magnesium(I believe). Also using it to bag you will get an 2 stroke smoke job which I do not mind but I can see most not liking the 2-stroke scent in your clothes after mowing. I have not mulched with the m yet. The cut is better and does create more wind/suction than the staggered deck. How do I know, grass that has been walked on and is laying down the M will do a better job of picking that up into the blade.

The staggered deck is noticeably lighter, I can get around obstacles and turns much quicker than the M series 4 corner deck. I can mulch in 2nd gear of the self propel without a problem. I did use the 10547 without the mulch fan and did not have good results. Without the mulch fan the clipping collect in deck. Mowing with same conditions using the mulch fan there was hardly any clipping left in deck even when the grass was pretty wet.

Plan on doing a video on both mulching to see if there is any noticeable difference. Attachment 26625


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire