lundi 29 juin 2015

White rear end issues

Not sure if those would go on the MTD forum or not.

Anyhow, around ten years old and only 86 hours so kinda would like to get it going. It's the 46" triple blade model with the 22hp tecumseh. No model number right at the moment, been outside sweating, in the ac now. You don't need one. LOL.

Anyways I seem to be in brake mode? When you spin the rear tires they go in opposite directions so i'm assuming that's the brake. At any rate when you pull the pin on the rear end for freewheel, it does move the linkage bar on the rear end. But it won't go into free wheel mode. When I depress the brake pedal it moves a linkage bar on the rear end, but unlike the clutch linkage that turns a shaft that goes into the casing, it seems to just be on a stud that merely acts as a swivel point. This linkage doesn't appear to be hooked to anything anywhere. I have to wonder if something is missing? My first inclination was take the rear end off, which i've done on other mowers, but that might not required and would be a lot of extra work if not.

I guess I need to find a diagram of this damn thing somewhere. I just rebuilt my JD and really missed having a backup so i'd like to get this going if I can. Not only that, this mower seems to be built a lot better than the newer style JD that I have. I'm not a mower expert, obviously, but I am mechanical and can see a lot of more thought out and expensive to make parts on the White compared to the JD, it is heavier built.

If you insist on numbers you'll have to wait till later today or tomorrow I can't get up at the moment lol.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire