dimanche 28 juin 2015

Pull start problems

Yesterday, the starter gear on my rider munched; today, I'm left trying to start with the pull start while a new gear is on order.

Mower is a 33114S with a Briggs 12HP flathead model 281707, type 0029 01.

It started up today on the first pull, no problem...about 30 seconds into running, a huge scream started coming from the pull rope area, so I shut it down, pulled the engine cover and put a few drops of 3 in 1 oil into the little hole in the top where the pull start engages the engine. It's made this "Bad bearing," sound before and the local mower shop had suggested the oil there and it seemed to cure it.

Now, when I pull the pull rope I get one of two situations, seemingly at random. Most of the time, I can pull the rope about half way, then it binds hard enough that the mower wants to flop on its side; BUT, if I remember and just keep tension on that pull rope when that happens, it'll gradually pull all the way out. When it DOESN'T bind up like that and try to flop on its side, there's no resistance whatsoever...which led to me elbowing a tree and that kinda hurt.

The binding doesn't feel like a hard stop, metal impacting metal kind of thing but more of a high compression sort of feel, like a buffered stop.

Anyhow, I now have a partially mowed front yard and I'm not sure where to start looking.

Recent work done was a new muffler added yesterday and a valve adjustment and lap the day before.

The problem started after putting a little oil under the pull start, so maybe I shouldn't have done that?

Thanks in advance.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire