jeudi 25 juin 2015

Shopping for riding lawn mower..."the best" within reason. Steep hill

Hi everyone,

Who knew such a thing as a lawn mower forum existed :).

We are in the process of moving into a new home with a fairly steep hill. I have mowed my current lawn for the last 11 years with a Toro Personal Pace that was when the body was of higher quality (bought in 2004) than apparently they are today. I have been very happy with it, and because I keep my machines maintained (by professionals, I'm useless myself), it has been great.

Mowing on this new hill has been unbearable, though. I have to mow across it due to the layout of the lawn, so not only am I a full mower strip below my mower, my ankle is getting crushed at an ankle the entire time.

I prefer walking, but I may have to get a riding mower because of this.

When I buy machines, I tend to spend what I need to get something that will last for the long run when maintained. I also see the difference in what specialty shops sell as opposed to big box retailers, often from the same brand.

I dropped into a local Toro dealer today, and they said the zero turn mowers aren't best on a hill. They sell Simplicity, which the guy said was "lesser known, but higher quality". He also told me I probably need a "tractor" rather than a zero turn.

So forgetting that bias (if I should), is there some form of consensus about "the best" for what I've described? I realize there is always subjective opinion, but I would assume there is a "Honda" of lawn mowers.

I'm looking forward to the comments.

JC


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire