mercredi 24 juin 2015

Troy built Briggs motor seems to be junk

I bought a Troybuilt with a Briggs 190 eng. Self propelled mower 21 inch. Bought it at the beginning of last season. Worked well for that year, then put it up as I have with every mower I have ever owned since 1979. I took it out and would not start. Had spark no gas. I took the carb off cleaned it and it started but would not stay running. I took it into the local SE shop and was told it was needing a new carb or rebuild. It was 90 bucks either way. The mower is 259 on sale at the local box store new. I asked why this happened and was told that the way they are making them they are very susceptible to gas evaporation and gumming up. I can not see putting that kind of money into a mower every season. I guess you could drain off the gas and let it set for the season an hope it does not gum up. I bought a Ryobi electric mower and it seems to work very well, no oil, gas or noise. Anyone else sick of gas garbage?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire