dimanche 30 août 2015

Fuel shut off solenoid

Curious here, I have an SV-590 on an Ariens mower. It has done well for 6 years, but the other day it started, ran for a minute, then started sputtering. I shoved the throttle up in choke, and it sputtered on, but would die when I would return it to the run position.

The thing has been 'backfiring' when you turn it off, almost every time regardless of throttle position. I am leaning towards the fuel shut off solenoid as the culprit here, and hope to get it checked out this afternoon, I've already removed the shroud.

What happens if I simply replace the solenoid with a plug in the carburetor bowl? It's not like a diesel where the shut off solenoid stops the engine, these stop by throwing ground in the magneto circuit, so what is the harm? Looking at Kohler parts, it does not appear like they list a solenoid separately.

I have some running around to do this afternoon, and hope to get back to it. BTW, it will not fire at all now.

Just curious,

George


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire