jeudi 27 août 2015

Starting problems.

I have been having problems with starting.

1. Battery goes dead when using headlight's (yes the engine Is running, but light's get dim and wont restart when u shut It off, needs jump).

2. Battery goes dead If cranking more than 10 seconds.

If I take the spark plug boot off and engage the starter, It spins fast then starts to slow down and eventually stops spinning, then I need to jump It.

Yesterday I was mowing my neighbors yard front and back and got Into some deep heavy grass and stalled before I could disengage the blades. Started right back up but hesitated, while Im holding the key In start It cranks over stops then continues cranking and finally starts. So I hooked my jumpers from my Jeep to the mowers battery and cranked It up over 10 times and It started instantly each time. Also I had the battery on the charger for over 12 hours and It couldn't even crank the engine for 10 seconds, but when I hooked up the jumpers It cranked for as long as I had the key turned. So Is this just a simple battery replacement? I also took It up to AutoZone and had It tested/charged 2 times and they said It passed both times. But when I put It back on the mower It still couldn't crank It for more than 10 seconds. But again when I hooked the jumpers up It cranked as long as I held the key. It's a DEKA battery. Battery Is only 2 years old but was dead all winter and a few months before that.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire