dimanche 30 août 2015

Nearly New Rider Mower won't run smooth

Hello, My very first post as new member. Hope someone can help me.

I have a Craftsman YT3000, model no. 917.271635, 2014 model, engine B & S, 33187,type no. 2371-G!, 21 HP single cylinder. I bought it last year at end of the season & used it 1 1/2 hrs. and then stored it. Upon starting it backup this year,
the engine is surging at idle, bad. Under a load or when engaging the blades it does much better & runs pretty good but still surges lightly. I have taken the carb. apart cleaned it, new kit, new fuel filter,new spark plug, fresh fuel, adjusted the idle screw which nothing seems to help. It looks like the governor arm is moving the throttle back and forth-without a load on the engine. A retired mechanic told me that the values may have seated in after running a while and no value clearance. I told him I might need to adjust the value clearance. He said you cannot, that type engine has no adjustment on them. I do seem to smell a rich exhaust mixture when it running & in idle. I don't think it is carburetor related, as
everything I have done to it, does not seem to help. It now has 3 hours on it and still surges, bad, at idle. I am thinking it might be the governor? It is still in warranty but I must haul it some 75 miles to a Sears repair facility and my last experience, I never got my mower back, after several months and got a refund. I do like the mower and would like to keep it, if I can fix this problem. I last week looked at the new mowers this model & they used a different engine than mine.
I have heard of a 2013 same model & engine with very same problem. Any ideas of what is my problem and solution? Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire