lundi 31 août 2015

Kohler Courage problems!!! Please help!

I inherited a Cub Cadet RZT 50 with the Kohler Courage SV720 (PS-SV720-0012) when my father passed away in October of 2014. When I got the mower it was slow to crank (turning over slowly), but once it started it ran great. Over the course of the past year it had slowly gotten worse. I replaced the battery (the one in it had some age) and it seemed to remedy the problem, at least temporarily. The other day I went to crank it and it was significantly slower. I tried jumping it off, as I have done plenty of times, to no avail. So I did a little research. I adjusted the valves and still no go. While the spark plugs were removed I tried turning the engine over by hand and it turned over quite easy. I also turned it over with the starter and as expected turned over quite fast.

So here I am wondering if it is the starter, maybe the starter solenoid, or even the compression release mechanism on the camshaft (as I understand).

I had never seen my dad use this mower so I don't know if this was typical behavior while he had it or not. He was not one to complain about much, just thankful for what he had.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Suggestions and/or advice will be greatly appreciated!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire