mardi 25 août 2015

Weedeater trimmer fl26 no start

Say fellas, I have a Weed Eater featherlite fl26 that won't start. I can prime and pull all day and not a pop or sputter at all from it. I have good fresh gas in the tank. A new plug that gives me a good, fat, blue spark. There is compression. Enough to blow my thumb off the plug hole. I tried starting fluid but nothing. What I'm wondering is.....could there be a timing problem like with lawn mowers where the flywheel key gets sheared off throwing it out of time. I've replaced many keys where the mower won't fire at all. Replacing the sheared key makes it start immediately. I've never had any experience with trimmers so I thought I would ask before tearing it apart. Gas is getting to the cylinder as the plug gets wet. Trying to start according to the directions on the engine does no good. Gas is moving through the hoses when I prime. It used to start OK until last week. I used it, shut if off and a week later no start. The three basics.... compression, spark and gas but no start. Any thoughts on this problem?. Thank you.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire