dimanche 30 août 2015

Kohler wiring problems

Its me again. I think every one who has answered my post knows what a wiring idiot I am. I pulled all the safety switch wires off of the mower, they were all burnt and fused together. As I said I don't use the mower to cut grass, only to pull a small trailer around the property to do odd jobs. The ignition switch now cranks the engine and the solenoid on the carb. works. I have no spark to spark plugs. I under stand I may have touched a hot wire to the ignition modules and ruined them. If I did it looks like another 200+ dollars or time to get the backhoe out and dig the hole and have a mower funeral. The engine never failed to have fire in over 8 yrs that I have had this thing. I have manuals, wiring diagrams, schematics and a Kohler SV735 PDF bookmarked on my computer. I was looking at the service manual for a Kohler courage SV 710-740. This is the engine I am trying to wire. On page 63 section 7, Electrical systems & components. Fig. 7-6 shows the DSAI diagram. I am pretty sure by now that the DSAI is what I have, but i don't see a regulator rectifier. It shows two white wires coming off of the flywheel stator assembly with one going to the regulator rectifier and it doesn't show where the other one goes. The engine was charging the battery before all the wires burnt. Its not a big deal to get it charging again. I have a shop battery charger and when the battery is down I recharge it. I also have a small slow charger I think is used mostly for motor bikes. I hook that up sometimes and let it charge all night. So I don't need the charger on the engine if any of these wires are for charging. I have learned a lot about wiring since I started to try to rewire this mower, but only by getting help from the people on this forum. I don't have the right kind of tester to test the modules. I was hoping someone could tell me why I am not getting spark. I just hope I didn't fry the modules. Also there is a red and a white wire coming off the modules that go to a connector. I can not figure where they go to. I thought to the ignition switch. If they do which terminal do they go to? There are a green and orange wire going to the connector to. As far as I can tell the green is a ground and the orange went to the carb. soloenoid. I used the L terminal on the ignition switch to the carb. solenoid and it works ok. Someone told me to do that. I know this is long but any help would be great. Help from the great people on here. Thanks


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire