lundi 27 juillet 2015

B&S Muffler Replacement

Hi.

I have a Deutscher ride on mower with a Briggs & Stratton 14.5HP Engine. 287707-1224-E1

The mower currently needs a new muffler. The one that is currently fitted is a 496022S with an adapter.

When looking for parts for this engine I found that there were 3 different mufflers available.

According to the parts websites I have seen they are interchangeable but it doesn't look like it would fit without a different adapter or modifications.

I was wanting to know if a 498984S would definitely be a direct replacement part for this engine or not?

It is a bigger muffler and listed as "super low tone" whereas the 496022S is listed as "low tone".

I want to quieten down the ride on as much as possible so I would prefer the 498984S if it is possible to use.

Also I cannot buy the 496022S locally I would have to ship it which will cost twice the price so the 498984S is cheaper for me to purchase.

There is nothing on the mower itself that would interfere with installing a different muffler, it's all down to the engine being compatible.

Thanks.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire