lundi 27 juillet 2015

Why does this part of my lawn look so bad? drought?

I topdressed and overseeded my lawn with bluegrass last fall, the result was very good. But after the snow melted at the end of April I noticed that grasses in some parts of the lawn started to thin out. Here's what my front yard looks like today:




The right side of the lawn does get more shade than the left side, is this the main reason for the poor result? I am planning to topdress and overseed that part in early September with bluegrass again.

Here's a close up of the right side:

Left side:



My second question is that my backyard has been invaded by a type of grass about a month and a half ago, which looks like:


Ironically they are keeping most of backyard very green, is this a type of weed like crabgrass?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire