jeudi 30 juillet 2015

I'm an idiot - dropped oil bottle foil seal into dipstick tube

Hey everyone. This will be my first post. It's pretty sad.

I bought a new Husqvarna YTH24V48 with the 24hp Briggs and Stratton Intek 440000 model engine. I ran it to 6.0 hours and decided to change the oil as I'm told this is important in the first 5-8 hours. I changed the oil and filter with no real problems. I used one 48oz Briggs oil bottle.

I ran the engine a bit and checked the dipstick. I noticed the oil had dropped below full so I decided to open another bottle of 48oz Briggs oil and punctured the metal/plastic seal. When I went to pour the oil in, a piece of the seal poured right into the dipstick tube. I shined my flashlight inside the tube and it was shiny and vacant of any seal.

Yup, I'm dumb and should have fully removed the seal before pouring the oil in. Now, what are my options?


Thanks,
Brent


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire