vendredi 24 juillet 2015

FD590V won't stay running - needs lots of choke to restart

John Deere 345 (1998) with a Kawasaki FD590V engine (800 hours)

I am the original owner and have always maintained this tractor as per the standard maintenance schedule.

I'm having an intermittent issue and I need to know how to conclusively check whether I have a bad carburetor, or something else like a weak fuel pump.

During mowing only, whether the tractor is under load or not, it sputters out and dies. Then it takes constant choking to get it started again. It has to run a bit while choked before it stays running. Then it runs normal for a few minutes and then dies again. It's like the fuel is temporarily shut off somehow and it only runs until the fuel in the bowl is consumed.

I've had the carb apart and it always seems to run better after this, but within a couple hours the problem returns. There is a new air filter, carb gaskets, fuel filter is not clogged, and there seems to be adequate fuel pressure and flow. The carb has been cleaned and the float adjusted to factory spec; and it runs great in the garage. I've adjusted the throttle and choke plate to factory spec. I only have this issue while mowing but it's not related to load. I can bog in down in thick grass and it runs fine... then later in easy grass, it just sputters out.

I also have a possibly related issue where I cannot shut off the tractor without popping and backfiring. I can't even throttle it down without backfiring. Even if I throttle down very slowly, I still get backfiring and popping.

This video shows the problem as it's happening. You can see how I need to keep choking it before it stays running. Then I can resume cutting for a minutes longer.

https://youtu.be/dljnTozdBMc

I need suggestions and advice before throwing any parts at it. I'm thinking it needs a new carb but not sure... maybe fuel pump?

Thank-you for any suggestions!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire