samedi 25 juillet 2015

Tecumseh VLV 66 will not start unless shot with starting fluid

Hi all..

I've got a VLV 66 Tecumseh that came in for a no starting complaint. Had sat for three years with bad fuel; carb was shot. Replaced carb and reset valves as there was a leak on the intake side. Everything set to factory specs; new head gasket, good primer, new intake and air cleaner gaskets. Fresh fuel. This thing will NOT start unless you shoot it with ether into the air cleaner port, then it fires on the first pull. After that it will fire every time until it sits for over 2-4 hours. I've gone through every troubleshooting issue there is on this thing. Very few things stump me, but this one is a real head scratcher.

Would appreciate input on what you think I'm missing. Been working on small engines over 40 years and I feel like a goof on this one!!!
All help appreciated!!!

Tom


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire