dimanche 26 juillet 2015

Greetings from KY, the Bluegrass State

Hi there, happy to be aboard.

I am currently a residential mower with a green thumb so to say. I take pride in my yard and yard work, and try to help others succeed in theirs not only through advice or sharing information but also gardening techniques. I enjoy gardening and growing good organic food to put back for our winter months, reducing trips to the grocery store for that awful California stuff. There are many like me here!

I currently enjoy mowing with my 1889 John Deere 285 garden tractor, which can be considered an antique at this point. It still has it's original heavy steel stamped deck, but an upgraded air cooled engine. It has been a joy to help keep up a classic mower which is pretty much built like a rock. However that being said, I have decided to move it to our 2nd property location and invest in a ZTR for my home, which is what brought me here.

After the JD engine (Kawasaki FD590V) liquid cooled engine kicked the dust on me sometime last year, I decided to upgrade to a plug-and-play model which was on the market, the Briggs and Stratton Platinum series single piston 21HP air cooled engine, with a Craftsman branding sticker on it. So far it's been a good upgrade, or trade-out I should say as the Kawasaki was fantastic. After the engine broke down I decided I would dissect it, and learn about the small engine. In doing so I was able to find the issues that caused it to die, as well as clean up the good parts and sell them through auction sites to recoup the money for the upgrade, coming out in the end even, maybe even slightly ahead.

If you have never been inside of a small engine, it's worth a try. Find an old junker and just go through it. You will learn a lot in the process which could keep you out of the shop with the help of some decent tools and a good YouTube how-to.

Anyway, me in a nutshell. Hope to share some worthwhile info in the future.

Homer


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire