jeudi 26 mai 2016

1996 Toro 724 / 74140 seat bypass/parking break switch issues

Hey All-
I picked up a deal on an older 724 that wouldn't start. It looks like it is in the seat switch.

In trying to diagnose the issue, I was able to jump the seat bypass switch by jumping two orange wires together and then the 3 yellow wires together. It would start and drive, but the blades will only engage with the parking brake on, which obviously is an issue. If you disengage the brake, it kills the motor and then throws off the belt from the PTO.

The switch is $110 bucks and I'm told will take 3 weeks to get in. I know this forum doesn't approve of bypassing the switch, but I'm trying to trace down the issue without throwing $110 bucks out the door. Can someone help me narrow down if I also have a parking brake switch issue also? Does one of the yellow wires get left off when doing this?

Also, is there a source for an online manual? I need to drop the deck and get the blades off to get sharpened and it doesn't look all that easy.

Thanks!


1996 Toro 724 / 74140 seat bypass/parking break switch issues

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire