lundi 23 mai 2016

Kohler 26 hp.

Have a Craftsman DGS 6500 tractor with a Kohler 26 hp. motor on it. The motor says that is was built for Craftsman. The motor was sitting for some time with gas in the tank and of course the carburetor. The owner says he put fresh gas in the tank at the start of this mowing season but it would not start. Had to put a new starter on because he burned the old one up trying to start it.

With the new starter on I attempted to start the motor. Would not start, but I got a very strong odor of old stale gasoline from the motor turning over.

I was able to pour gas down the carburetor and the motor started right up. So I am figuring the stale gas caused some problems in the fuel system.

The problem is I can't figure out how to get the carburetor off the motor. Did take the bowel off the carburetor and there was a lot of varnish and dirt in the bowel so I cleaned that up. Motor would still start right up with gas poured into the carb.

Can anybody give me some pointers on removing carburetor so I can clean to insides and get this mower back to it's owner?


Kohler 26 hp.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire