lundi 23 mai 2016

Buying Advice 2400 Hours too much when buying used X Series, 29HP Kawi?

I've been bumming off the neighbors' mowers and my father-in-law's 72" Toro for several months while I did some reading and waited for something in my price range to pop up in a used commercial mower.

Found a 2010 Exmark Lazer Z X-Series, 29HP Kawasaki FX801v for $3800, but it's got high hours - 2417, to be exact. It's a single owner mower and he's going to bring it by my house tomorrow at lunch to check it out, but should I be concerned about end-of-life on the engine? In my searching, I found a handful of commercial owners saying that somewhere between the 2300 and 2800 hour marks, it wasn't uncommon to expect an engine replacement on their Exmarks. Problem is, they didn't give a whole lot of specifics about their model year, exact motor, etc.

Even if the mower is running great, I don't want to have to plink down another couple grand in the next two or three years to replace the motor when I could have just paid more up front and bought new (problem is, my budget tops out right at $4k).

I've got a 1.9 acre yard, fairly level and with sparse trees, that will probably require about 40 hours of mowing per year. I've been reading up on my own for weeks (months), but I'm looking for some friendly first-person advice now. 2400 hours on a single-owner used commercial mower ... would the hours scare you off, or is it no big deal as long as it's been well-maintained?

Thanks for any help!
- Dave


Buying Advice 2400 Hours too much when buying used X Series, 29HP Kawi?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire