mardi 24 mai 2016

420 with p220 onan sruges at wot

Hi guys, I have an Onan P220 that surges at full throttle, as the title says. It idles perfectly and even runs fine wide open with the pto engaged. I am working on it for someone and they just don't like the surge and want it gone. Carbs are expensive for this one and I would want it narrowed down for sure before I order one. The engine has a fresh rebuild on it, new rods and pistons. Spark is good and consistent, I have pulled the carb apart several times and cleaned it out with carb cleaner and torch tip cleaners, pulled the welch plug and got to the orifices behind there as well. Pulled the shields and sprayed carb cleaner up and down the intake manifold and at the intake gaskets with no change in rpm. I hooked up an aux fuel tank to bypass the pump and tank with no change in results. Tried seafoam in the tractor tank and in my aux tank, fuel is fresh as well. Any other ideas, or does it sound like it may be new carb time. I see mixed results about the quality of the carb from they are junk, to very rarely do they need to be replaced...


420 with p220 onan sruges at wot

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire