mardi 24 mai 2016

Thinking ahead

Hello amazing people.

I am looking for advice (just like other hundreds of people on this forum). I am closing on a house in a month so I am in need of excellent advice in order to chose proper equipment.

Considerations: Property is in NJ, mostly flat lot. Lawn has limited amount of trees on it, so zero turn radius is not necessary.
Lot: almost 4 acres, although only .06 acres is grass (for now) the other 3+ acres are trees (mostly pines). I will eventually expand the lawn to about 1.5 acres (within a year or two)

My thought is to buy a piece of equipment that would allow me to not only mow the lawn, but also be useful in other ways.
My plans for the lot are, tree removal, light gardening towards the back of the lot ... eventual patio etc.
Since I live in NJ, I need to think about snow plowing as well (270 feet driveway ... gravel, a bit of a slope)

Depending on the price, I believe I need a lawn tractor that is capable of attaching snow plow or blower, trailer, possibly a lawn sweeper and possibly other amazingly nice toys.

I want the unit to be reliable ... I can do light maintenance, but I am not very good at fixing things (as my wife constantly reminds me).

So I am deciding between buying a cheaper ride on lawn mower and a snow blower ... or if my budget allows it a lawn tractor.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.


Thinking ahead

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire