vendredi 27 mai 2016

Just replaced the L/H pump on my Tiger Cub

What was supposed to be a fairly easy job turned into a nasty job!!!
No matter what I did to attempt to remove the pump drive pulley, I failed to remove the pulley and ended up cutting it off with a die grinder.
I have a pit in my garage which makes underside work on machines easier, but this job was nasty and after going thru 5 cut off discs, the pulley fell off!
My new 20 gallon air compressor wouldn't keep up with the demand for air of the die grinder, so I had to pause and let it pump up many times.
Anyway, the new L/H pump is installed along with a new pulley. I reconnected the hoses and cranked the pump by hand to make sure that the charge pump was moving oil.
I went thru the bleeding procedure and now the machine is back in service.
It took overnight for the air to leave the oil in the reservoir.
The old L/H pump had been giving me a fit now and then, the machine was due for its 400 hour drive belt replacement, so I decided to do the pump while I was at it. I removed the old hyd oil filter, cut it open and didn't find any foreign material in it and the hyd reservoir was clean.
So I'm back in business, behind with my mowing, $1,000 lighter in the pocketbook and it is supposed to go above 90 degrees today!!! Oh well!!!:laughing:


Just replaced the L/H pump on my Tiger Cub

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire