jeudi 26 mai 2016

Redneck repair of the day

My father gave me this old Yardman mower. He said the belt came off. It sat in the barn for about five years. I fixed the belt and had to clean the carburetor where it had sat for so long but it starts on the first pull and runs great. So I used it a couple of times until this happened after years of dad hitting fence posts:



The mower has a clever method of setting the deck height using a single lever on the rear wheel. However the piece that holds the front axle to the deck is made of plastic. This piece is $70+!!!

So I decided to weld the axle to the deck. I removed the leveling arm and leveled the deck using a 2X4 and some flat washers measuring the height from the rear and front of the deck to the floor using the last setting before the plastic support piece broke.






Then carefully centered the axle and welded it to the deck.








The mower tracks great and doesn't scalp the yard.


Redneck repair of the day

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire