mercredi 25 mai 2016

Engine Scag 61" STHM gets rebuilt Kohler CV22s at 3100 hrs

The engine on my Scag (bought used) was getting tired, hard starting, oil leaks and a bent crankshaft (I have no idea how that happened) which destroyed the electric clutch so I went to ebay and bought a new old stock engine that was disassembled and sold as parts.
I bought all the parts crankcases, all internal components crank, rods, pistons & cam and now have a great running machine again.
I was surprised at the condition of the original engine when I tore it down. The crank and rod journals showed very little wear as did the cylinders.
The pistons had minor scuffing on the skirts, rings were worn and the governor assembly fell apart when I split the cases.
This is my first experience with Kohler (impressed) and the first time I've ever torn down any small engine with this many hours.
Is this typical of Kohler and others?
How many hours have you seen on engines before replacement.
90cummins


Engine Scag 61" STHM gets rebuilt Kohler CV22s at 3100 hrs

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire