samedi 28 mai 2016

Can't get spring back on VSP pulley assembly, Model 669 MTD

Hello all,
The bracket part of transaxel crossmemeber that retains one end of the badboy spring that come from VSP broke.
I think it was partly because my Bro in law drove into a ditch while mowing and because one of the 2 metal screws had broke/rusted out. I put 2 new nuts and bolts in the broke piece and now I can't stretch the spring enough to get it on.
I even bought a MTD spring puller tool and still can't get it on.
It has me thinking that maybe the VSP is not rotating back far enough. If it in fact does rotate like that.
I started it and put in forward gear yesterday and nearly ran over my house. No brakes or clutch.
I am assuming the spring being off caused all of that.
Or is something else wrong maybe. The mower did set for 2 years until here lately when I got it back.
I just can't imagine that spring being that hard to put back on.
I would appreciate any help or advice on this.

I bought this mower new on 5/9/92 at local Goodyear store.

Dang I have pictures but too big. I will have to resize or retake.


Can't get spring back on VSP pulley assembly, Model 669 MTD

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire