mardi 24 mai 2016

Frame cracks on Hustler 20/52 Fastrak

Have anyone experienced frame cracks/breaks on a Fastrak 20/52? I mow approximately 1+ acre or rolling sloping lawn. My mower has the rear two bag grass collector with the side mount blower. The unit was purchased on 11/11/05 and other than having to rebuild a Hydro Motor right after the warranty expired it has been an excellent mower. While reversing the tires (original) due to wear I noticed the frame broken in several areas around the Hydro Motor drive mounting area. Apparently Excel knows about this and has made reinforcing gusset(s) that must be welded into place. I'm not at all thrilled at having to remove the drive systems, both gas tanks and a bunch of other stuff then buffing the area down to bare metal, repaint, reinstall etc etc. My dealer is a good group of guys but their 50 miles from me and while this is an Excel failing they have contacted Excel/Hustler on my behalf. The frame has a LIFETIME warranty from Hustler so what can I realistically expect from Excel. I have a quality welder but I don't consider myself a quality welder and I want the repairs to be of superior quality so does Excel pay for a certified mobile welder to come out and do the job? Personally, looking at the huge access cutouts the "engineers" designed into this area, I think the drive motor mounting area was seriously compromised in its design. In the best of all worlds, Excel would pony up to their warranty clause and instead of making a weld on bandaid fix, send me out a new frame...even if I have to spend a couple of days/weeks swapping all the components. Give me your thoughts please.


Aligned for welding.jpg.zip
Broken Frame.jpg.zip
Attached Files


Frame cracks on Hustler 20/52 Fastrak

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire