samedi 28 mai 2016

Craftsman LT2000 Not Starting

Craftsman LT2000 247.28902 with Briggs and Stratton 31P677-1373-B2 (19.5 hp)

A week ago I was mowing (3rd time this year) and all of a sudden the mower started running really rough, to the point where it finally shut off. I didn't hit anything, just normal mowing. The mower wouldn't start after that. The engine would spin, but never "catch" and start. I had just put some gas in, however it is possible the gas was old (sitting for a couple months with no stabilizer). I usually churn through my gas quick here in CT between the mower and snowblower but we had an uncharacteristically warm winter.

I did some routine maintenance first (fresh gas with sta-bil, new spark plug, new fuel filter), no difference. I then had a coworker who is a former mechanic clean the carburetor. When I put it back on the mower started but ran VERY rough and rich. Very hard idle and blowing black smoke. Shut it off. Adjusted the idle mixture screw and tried to start again and it wouldn't start. Pulled the spark plug and it was pretty black (no surprise), cleaned it off and tried again, still nothing.

Just looking for ideas at this point. Thanks for any help.


Craftsman LT2000 Not Starting

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire