dimanche 31 août 2014

Front end issue

Hello all,



I have a Husqvarna YTH20K46 that is about 5 years old. I foolishly loaned it out to a friend and when I went to use it yesterday, I noticed that when driving it on a smooth area it wandered and shimmied back and forth. I got it in the garage and noticed that when the steering wheel is positioned straight ahead, the front wheels are bowed outward, the right one more so than the left (I would say about 10 degrees or more). I contacted up my "friend" and asked him what the hell happened. He said he only issue he had was once while he was turning right he hit a small rut, and it lifted the rear wheels off the ground a bit as it hit the rut. He said he was going "a little quick" at the time it happened.....................



Sooooo. I obviously have some front end parts that are bent. I plan on pulling the front axle off and checking it and both front spindles. I may just go ahead and replace the spindles to be safe, but my question is the front axle. Outside of laying it on a flat surface and looking at it, is there any way to check to see if it is bent? The axle is about $100 and I don't want to replace it unless I have to.



Lastly, any other things I should check?



Pretty pissed right now, but want to get the tractor fixed.



Glenn




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire