jeudi 28 août 2014

New to lawn boy - questions (with pics)

Hello all. I recently came into a Lawn Boy mower my dad and I spotted in a yard with a "free" sign on it. Being familiar with and having done quite a bit of small engine work, I thought it'd be fun trying to get this thing running again. I lack familiarity with Lawn Boys, however. It's a model 7229, serial number 8925294. Deck is in good shape, just normal wear on the paint and such. Wheels will work for now, but will eventually need replacing. I would appreciate any info anyone can provide about this mower. Most important right now, however, are questions I have about the engine, the carburetor, the best way to find parts. I'm attaching some photos. The shots of the engine block are simply for identification of the type of engine it has. I believe it is an F100 engine. If any additional photos are needed to confirm that, just let me know.



The shots of the carb are for the following purposes:

1) Identify the carb and the carb rebuild kit I need to get into working order.

2) To determine whether or not the crack in the housing around the carb adjustment screw renders the carb useless and therefore needs to be replaced.



Some immediate triage to move me toward getting the thing running:

1) Rebuild/replace the carb

2) Install a new primer bulb

3) Install a new air vane in the carb as the old one broke and won't hold the disk in place anymore.



Thanks for any help offered.



IMAG0408.jpgIMAG0409.jpgIMAG0411.jpgIMAG0419.jpgIMAG0421.jpg


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire