dimanche 31 août 2014

Painting My 1988 MTD Lawn Tractor

First of all, I'd like to say,, since I bought this '88 38" 12hp MTD Lawn Tractor, I am thorougly displeased with the Mower.



Every Year I have to spend at least 4 or 5 dollor's on Some little something,, and it just never end's. for example the Seat only lasted 10 year's, Ever body know's a seat ought to last at least 20 year's. The Ignition Switch only lasted 20 year's, an ignition switch should last at least 40 or 50 year's. I've had to replace the Belt's at least 1 time in 26 year's.



And Worst of All,, My Neighbor's have gotten several Brand New Mower's since I got mine. It just really Irk's me,, to see My Neighbor's driveing their Brand New Shiney Mower's,, and I'm still haveing to use this 1988 Mower. My motto is Waste Not, Want Not,, and This thing just keep's going Year After Year.



I replaced the Blade Spindle's about 12 year's ago,, and wouldn't you know it,, they started makeing noise again this Year. Surely Blade Spindle's should last as long as the Motor Still Run's.



Dropped the Deck,, and found that only the Right Side Spindle was going bad. I ordered both,, but will just install the Right Side,, since it is pretty easy to drop the Deck for install.



While the Deck is off, I'm going to Sand and Repaint it. Anybody checked on the price of a New Deck. Before you do,, They cost a Pretty Penny,, and it pay's to keep the Deck in good Shape.



About 12 year's ago,, I put some pain on the Mower,, and I think that the Mower is deserving of some more Sheet Metal Paint again.



Originally the Mower was Black and Silver, and I painted it all Black.



This time, I'm going with Navy Blue and Black. Anybody that has Repainted their Mower, have any pic's to see your Color Scheme? Sure would appreciate it.



Last time, I just used Rustoleum Primer and Paint on the Deck and Sheet Metal. Since the Deck has lasted for 26 year's,, and is still in good Shape,, Rustoleum seem's good enough for me.



If you've got any idea's of a Color Scheme, I sure would be appreciative. Nothing Weird,, Like Flame's or Lightning ,, Just something Nice, Simple, and Plain, so that the Neighbor's will see my Brand New Mower,, that is 26 year's old.



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire