samedi 30 août 2014

RZT-S 42" leaves center strip of uncut grass in middle of cut

Ok, just as the header says, when I cut I am having to make a lot of extra cuts/passes because of the uncut grass remaining, nearly twice as many. The uncut grass is a strip ~ 1/2 inch wide that matches up with the space that is between the two blades. When the blades are in align there is around 1/2 inch space between them so these blade do not appear to be timed in anyway. With this space, I can't imagine how all of the grass would be cut. When I bought the mower at beginning if summer, the stock blades were horizontal (both), meaning both blades ran from 3-9 o'clock position. I noticed this when I change them with the CC mulching blade kit and two weeks ago I purchased a set if the extreme blades that CC also recommends. I was thinking one blade would have been at 3-9 and the other blade at 12-6, but no. Looks like some engineer that probably on crack came up with thus design. I even had a silly tech lady at CC tell me the blades are supposed to be in alignment and they will stretch during engagement. I just hung up the phone. Went to HD and looked at the two models they had and one seemed to be set at 3-9 and 12-6. While the other was something in between. So I am convinced that there isn't a set pattern they are installed as it really doesn't matter since there is 1/2 in clearance and couldn't contact each other anyway. Is this the way it's REALLY supposed to be???




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire