samedi 30 août 2014

Parts of Lawn will just not grow grass!

Hi all I am new here so sorry if this has been covered before.



A few years ago I turned over and levelled my entire back garden (yard) because the grass was awful and trees roots had made it uneven. After re-seeding there is just one bit down near the bottom under the canopy of a large lime (linden) tree where the grass grows sparingly then dies. I'll list what I have tried again and again over the years.



Re-seed several times a year every year.

Re-seeded with special grass that can thrive in a shady area.

Fertilised it again and again. Being careful not to over feed.

Very careful when raking that part of the lawn in Autumn.



I am pretty sure that the shade is not the problem because directly to the left of this area is equally in the trees shade and the new shade resistant grass as growing thickly. Also down the left hand side of the lawn runs a high hedge which blocks the light. That is shadier than the area near the tree and grass grows fine there although it does have a moss problem.



What else can I do to get the grass to grow thick and lush?



I know come late Autumn I'll be looking at bare soil and mud again.



thanks



Malcolm




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire