samedi 30 août 2014

No Spark even with new magnetron - HELP!

I have a Snapper Model 281011BTE mower with a 10 hp B&S Model 254707 Type 0124-01 engine with magnetron ignition. It was running fine while cutting and unexpectedly just cut off - in middle of yard. I checked and no spark so first put a new plug in - still no spark. I then took off the cover and disconnected the shut off wire. Still no spark. I then figured it was the magnetron so I got a new one. I adjusted it to 0.010" gap between magnet on flywheel. I also cleaned the bottom of the magnetron and the engine to be sure it made a connection. Still no spark. I also checked the crankshaft key which seems fine, too. I finally got another new magnetron to check thinking the first might have been defective and still no spark. Any other ideas?



I was told by my local dealer than if there is no spark to the plug, it must be the magnetron but that there is no good way to check it without putting it on the engine. Engine turns over with no problem using electric starter. One issue I wondered about is that the part number for the magnetron has changed so I wonder if there might be a problem there. But the replacement number according to the book calls for the B&S like I got. Any help would be much appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire