samedi 30 août 2014

What is the best plan / strategy to bring my lawn back.

I have 3/4 acre yard and right now only dealing with front yard. It's mostly OK, not bad at all. I don't water it, grass is sturdy and mostly grass.

I use weed killer (liquid bayer stuff) about twice a year. Just used it now. After application I have some "yellow" spots.



I also have some grass which is different from "main" grass. And it doesn't die when I appy weed killer. Makes sense, because its grass... Picture of one such "grass" attached, maybe you can recognize what it is..



Anyway. It's not bad in general, about 80-90% is grass. Remaining 10-20% with weeds either dead yellow spots right now or have this "other" grasses. I wonder how do I attack them? Can't just throw grass seads on top, right? What is the best/proper tool to use to get rid of thatch/unneded grass?



I guess I need to prepare soil, embed sead with a soil and cover with hay? Is that a best way to do it? Right now is a time to do it, it get's cooler in St Louis area and grass will have time to grow.



Basically, I'm wondering on what is the best and most practical way to fix spots on a lawn.



I also need some extra topsoil too as I need to fix some low spots (I feel when I mow). What is the best way to spread soil and compact it to make an even surface for mowing?


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire