jeudi 28 août 2014

Lawn Boy 5236 Low Power Problem

Hi,

I have a lawn boy mower (5236 d-400 series) that is giving me problems to no end. It has problem starting (even after priming) and when it finally starts, it has very low power. My lawn has very short grass and the moment I push the mower there it just sputters and then dies. It's easier to start when hot but the low power problem still persists.

The plug is in good working condition, the ignition coil is new, and so are the seals. The only thing I am not sure about is the carburetor and governor.



Changing the lever from normal to heavy doesn't seem to affect the power in any way.



I had the carburetor cleaned some time back but seeing that I have been using it without the air filter, it may have took some dirt in. I tried to use a sponge in place of the air filter (which got lost) but the power got so low that the mower went off. I guess there wasn't sufficient air flow. I therefore had to do away with the sponge altogether.



Any help is appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire