mardi 21 juillet 2015

IS3000Z wheel tilt, blade/mulch question

Hey guys, I'm new here...I recently moved form a 1/8 acre lot to a 3-acre lot, and I bought the Ferris IS3000z from the previous homeowner since he didn't need it anymore. Got a great deal on it, its only 400hrs.

Anyway, issue 1: I noticed when looking at it from the back, that the left rear tire is slightly tilted inward at the top....its noticeable because the inner surface of the tire is closer to the frame than the right tire. I thought it might just be a spring adjustment but the frame is perfectly level on both sides, and the grass cut looks fine. Is this actually an issue? I took the wheel off and it doesnt look like this wheel angle can be adjusted. Pics attached.

Issue/question 2: The previous owner had it set up for side-discharge but that makes my lawn look terrible, sometimes looks like hay spread all over the lawn. It has regular-style blades with the "wings" on the back side. I want to make the lawn look cleaner after cutting. I'd rather not bag if I don't have to....what do I have to do to set up this mower for mulching? Is it even worth it? Do I need mulching blades? It seems my deck only has a side-discharge chute without a flap to block it, and the owners manual mentions mulching but doesn't tell you how to set up the mower for it.

Any help here is appreciated!

0721152010.jpg
0721152010a.jpg
0721152011.jpg
Attached Images


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire