vendredi 24 juillet 2015

Toro mower 6.0 HP OHV from 1996 leaking oil.

As the title says, B&S 6.0HP OHV from 1996. This engine started leaking last fall. It looks like the oil is coming from where the cylinder meets the crankcase. It leaks out about 3/4 of a quart in about an hour's running and then letting the mower sit overnight. A local mechanic said it was just a gasket and recommended not fixing it since he said it sounds like the connecting rod is failing too. I had noticed an occasional rattling noise which is what I'm guessing he things is the connecting rod failing. Anyway other than the parts diagram I have no guide for disassembling/assembling the engine. Is there anything I need to know so I don't screw something up? I assume I can just separate the sump from the crank case and inspect the connecting rod?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire