samedi 21 mai 2016

Repairs Adventures with a 10523

Mine was made in 1997.

RS_016-05-09 09.jpg
RS_2016-05-09 09B.jpg

It was left by the people who used to live in my house. I had no idea if it would run, so I watched a bunch of how to videos, bought some carb cleaner and a new spark plug, and went to work. After I got it cleaned up, I decided to test to see if there was spark, and there wasn't. None, nothing, zip, zilch, nada.

So, could be the ignition module. Looked up the part number, about $100. That's not gonna happen. So started looking though craig's list and freecycle and found a L21ZPNC that needed a new home so I made arrangements and picked it up this afternoon. Brought it home, two pulls it started.

RC_2016-05-21 13C.jpg
RC_2016-05-21 13D.jpg

Excellent, now I have a working lawn mower, which is what I needed, still, it would be sweet if I could get that 10523 running, it's a bigger engine and it's self propelled, or at least it might be. I checked the ignition module part number, exact match so Yeah! Pulled it out of the L21, put it in the 10523 and nothing, no change, no spark... Sad now.

So I reassembled the L21 and mowed the lawn. But then I started to wonder if it would be possible to pull the power plant off the L21 deck and install it on the 10523 deck? I almost started taking things apart right then, but I thought it might be wise to ask someone who might know.

And here I am. Can anyone tell me if the L21 engine will work on the 10523 deck, and if so will it drive the rear wheels?

Thanks
Attached Images


Repairs Adventures with a 10523

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire