dimanche 22 mai 2016

Walk Behind Briggs and Stratton 190CC: wrong spark plug and won't start now

Howdy everyone,
For starters, here is what I am working on: Briggs 128M02-0926 from Troy Bilt 725EX 190CC mower. I believe the serial said it was from 2011. Anyway, my coworker's husband decided to try his hand at some regular maintenance. He installed a spark plug that's almost twice the thread depth as the stock plug. I'm fairly certain it bottomed out onto the exhaust valve. Needless to say, it wouldn't start when he tried to pull start it.

Here's what I've done so far: I've got the correct plug in there now (good spark), I've cleaned the carb, pulled the exhaust, and pullded the head to check out the valves. I wasn't able to see any light behind the valves, but I'm guessing the exhaust valve is bent or worse.

I've cranked the flywheel with my hand, and I do meet resistance during the compression stroke. I unfortunately do not have any way to test the compression. However, I can hear a little hiss through the oil fill hole and a squeak noise through the breather assembly hose (where it meets the air filter). Also, there is a big push of air out of the intake before a small intake of air. The exhaust purge seems small too, but I am not experienced enough to know what is normal.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out, before opening up the crankcase, is what's most likely damaged from the spark plug bottoming out on the exhaust valve? Thanks in advance, and I hope I was thorough enough in my explanation.


Walk Behind Briggs and Stratton 190CC: wrong spark plug and won't start now

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire