jeudi 23 juillet 2015

Safety First-Always

I've been reading posts today concerning accidental deaths & close calls. I'm glad these posts have been written & brought to our attention. We sure do take a lot of things for granted. I, being in my 60's, have been trying to learn how to slow down, it's not easy when your mind says yes you can but your body says no you shouldn't. I try to double check everything when loading & unloading mower, just making sure everything is secure, & while mowing etc. I would like to add a safety issue concerning re-fueling. Before re-fueling mower, weed eater, chainsaw, etc. let engine cool down for 10-15 minutes before doing so, preferably in the shade. Gasoline & a hot engine are a dangerous mix. A number of years ago I had a backpack blower catch fire because I did not give it time to cool down, I was in a hurry to finish job. Thankfully no one was hurt & was able to put fire out, blower was shot at 10 years old.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire